Author Archives: AT Staff

Blackpool Pleasure Beach announces new £16.25m rollercoaster

By | September 29, 2016

Blackpool Pleasure Beach has announced it is to build a new £16.25m rollercoaster. It will be the UK’s first ever with a double-launch – an advanced technology that gives the roller coaster two powerful thrusts of acceleration during the ride. ‘Construction 2018’ will feature the most number of interactions in the world with 15 interactions […]

Read more »

Registration Open for Three Charity Events to Benefit Give Kids The World Village During IAAPA Attractions Expo 2016

By | September 28, 2016

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Three fundraisers to benefit Give Kids The World (GKTW) Village will be held during IAAPA Attractions Expo 2016 the week of Nov. 14 in Orlando, Florida: the IAAPA International Charity Golf Tournament, IAAPA Motorcycle Ride, and IAAPA Charity 5K Run and 1K Walk, Footprints from the Heart. Companies exhibiting during the trade […]

Read more »

Industry veteran Chris Gray joins National Roller Coaster Museum Board

By | September 27, 2016

PLAINVIEW, Texas – Chris Gray, co-founder and Vice-President of Skyline Attractions will join the National Rollercoaster Museum and Archive board of directors after the passing of NRCMA founding board member, Mark Moore, the founder and President of urethane wheel manufacturer Uremet. While replacing Mark Moore on the board was difficult, a search ensued to find […]

Read more »

Kentucky Kingdom sets attendance record

By | September 26, 2016

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky — Kentucky Kingdom announced that it hosted 800,000 visitors during its recently completed 2016 season, surpassing last year’s attendance by more than 200,000 visitors. The majority of the increase is represented by out-of-state visitors, 78% from Indiana and Tennessee and the remaining 22% from the other 48 states. “Over the past three years, […]

Read more »

Cineplex Announces Strategic Acquisition of Tricorp Amusements Inc.

By | September 22, 2016

TORONTO, Ontario – Cineplex Entertainment (“Cineplex”) today announced that it is acquiring all of the issued and outstanding shares of Tricorp Amusements Inc. (“Tricorp”).  Upon completion of the transaction, which is expected to close in early October, New Jersey-based Tricorp will become part of Cineplex Starburst Inc. (“CSI”), a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of […]

Read more »

IAAPA to Relocate Global Headquarters to Orlando

By | September 21, 2016

BARCELONA, Spain – Today, the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), the largest trade association for the $39 billion worldwide attractions industry, announced it will relocate its global headquarters office to Orlando, Florida. The move will begin in 2017. IAAPA also announced plans to host its annual conference and trade show (IAAPA Attractions […]

Read more »

Harold Hudson receives inaugural AIMS International Safety Award

By | September 13, 2016

SANDUSKY, Ohio – Harold Hudson was presented with the first AIMS International Safety award during the Golden Ticket Awards held Saturday, September 10, at Cedar Point. The Award, presented by AIMS International president, Timo Klaus, and AIMS Executive Director, Karen Oertley was created to recognize a person or organization that has made a significant impact […]

Read more »

Amusement Today’s annual Golden Ticket Awards presented at 2016 host park, Cedar Point

By | September 12, 2016

SANDUSKY, OHIO, Sept. 10, 2016 – It’s been called “the Academy Awards of the amusement industry,” and in a show full of “red carpet” pageantry and excitement, the winners of Amusement Today’s 2016 Golden Ticket Awards were revealed tonight at this year’s host park, Cedar Point, the legendary amusement park and resort along the shores […]

Read more »

2016 Golden Ticket Awards ceremony to stream live

By | September 8, 2016

SANDUSKY, Ohio — Cedar Point will host the 2016 Golden Ticket Awards on September 9 and 10, 2016. Presented by trade newspaper Amusement Today, the private, two-day event for amusement industry professionals recognizes the “best of the best” in the amusement industry. Beginning at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on September 10, 2016, the public can watch […]

Read more »

S&S Worldwide, Inc. Announces Management Changes

By | September 7, 2016

LOGAN, Utah – Under the leadership of long-time CEO Rich Allen, S&S Worldwide, Inc. (“S&S”) has experienced tremendous growth and success, including the recent groundbreaking for a large, new facility that will increase productivity and efficiency throughout the company. Allen will now be retiring as CEO after nearly twenty years of service and after taking the company […]

Read more »