By amusementtoday | July 3, 2013
A sampling of parks hosting displays include:
- Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, will utilize Zambelli, based in New Castle, Pa., to fire 1,500 shells in a display that will augment the igNight the Night closing show.
- Kings Dominion in Doswell, will celebrate America’s birthday with fireworks on July 4th starting at 9:30pm. The sky lights up at night with the new Dominion at Dusk at Kings Dominion. It all starts out at dusk with LED lights in Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular around the iconic Eiffel Tower. Finally, International Street comes alive with popular music and today’s favorites in a new high-energy show, Street Beats at 9:45pm.
- Six Flags Over Georgia in Austell, will celebrate Independence Day with thrilling rides and attractions, fun games and a breathtaking fireworks show.
Six Flags Over Georgia’s July Fourth Fest presented by Coca-Cola brings guests the most spectacular fireworks display in park history. The stunning fireworks extravaganza begins at 9:30 p.m. and will light up the Atlanta night sky like never before! All guests that bring a can of Coca-Cola, along with park admission or Season Pass, are able to ride select rides one hour before the park opens.
- On July 4, the first 5,000 youth visiting California’s Great America in Santa Clara will receive a miniature American flag to patriotically wave throughout the day. Plus, a great-tasting all-you-can-eat family barbeque ($14.99 plus tax) will take place near the Food Festival on July 4. On July 5 and 6, fireworks set to patriotic music, will decorate the sky above California’s Great America each evening.
- Splash Adventure in Birmingham, Alabama, is proud to announce its “Red, White, and Boom” fireworks event. This Fourth of July celebration is complete with a spectacular fireworks display on July 4. Guests attending the “Red, White, and Boom” celebration will have access to all of the park rides, slides and attractions that Splash Adventure has to offer including the hilarious new Sea Lion Splash Show.
- Disney parks honor America with a Fourth of July celebration that lasts July 1-7 — all part of Limited Time Magic. Every night, “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” features dazzling comets and glittery bursts soaring to a brand new musical score produced in a concert band style. This is the first time the holiday show lights up the sky every day during Independence Week, and can be seen from more vantage points than ever. Celebrate America! pays homage to all Americans and all who love the best of America. The fireworks spectacular takes place at 9 p.m. on July 3 and 4, and 10 p.m. on July 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7.