By amusementtoday | February 1, 2013
IAAPA’s premier professional development program, will give your team the skills, knowledge, and insight into managing today’s sophisticated attractions. Hundreds of attractions managers around the globe, from theme parks and water parks to zoos and historical attractions, have already successfully completed the course.
Five Disciplines: One Focus
The two-and-a-half-day program focuses on five key subject areas:
- Attractions Finance: Capital, expense and revenue budgeting, and other financial tools.
- Attractions Marketing: The roles of public relations, media relations, advertising, group sales, and marketing.
- Attractions Leadership: Successful human resources development strategies.
- Facility Operations and Safety: Industry regulation, best facility management practices, and crisis management awareness.
- Attractions Revenue Operations: The roles and importance of food and beverage, merchandise, and games.
The overall focus of the program is on how the professional attractions business operates today: what drives success, what generates profit, and what satisfies guests.
Classes are intentionally kept small to encourage networking, sharing of information and expertise, and discussion. The program uses blends of lecture, case study, and group activity and is led by an experienced faculty drawn from across the globe. Attendees receive a certificate of completion and a detailed workbook.
Registration is US$499 for IAAPA members and US$699 for nonmembers.
Classes are small, and space is limited. Register early!